We are so excited to welcome our new residents this Fall! As you prepare for move in, here are some suggestions of items to bring to your new apartment! Assuming you selected a furnished option, you only need a few items to make your apartment feel like home!
Helpful Move-out Tips to Avoid Any Potential Charges:
Moving can be very stressful so we wanted to provide you with a few tips to make move-out day a little easier.
Things to do before the move:
• Go to postalforwarding.com to have your mail forwarded
• Cancel or redirect any deliveries or subscriptions
• Back up your files! You never know what can happen to your computer during a move
• Check for any packages at the office
• Arrange for movers or moving help
Cleaning the Apartment –
• Floors – Vacuum or sweep floors prior to checkout
• Kitchen - Clean kitchen sink, faucet, cabinets and countertops. Don’t forget to clear off the top of kitchen cabinets!
• Range and microwave - Clean all parts of the oven, range, and microwave, including exterior.
• Refrigerator - Clean all parts of the refrigerator and freezer including exterior.
• Closets, Cabinets, Drawers, Shelves and Backsplashes - Remove all shelf paper, contact paper and adhesive residue.
• Bathroom – Clean toilet, bathtub, mirror, walls and floors.
• Doors and walls - Remove all hooks, nails, stickers and tape. DO NOT PATCH NAIL HOLES—Patching may result in charges
• Window areas - Remove all stickers and tape. Clean inside of windows including tracks. Remove any curtains installed. Dust blinds.
• If your apartment is furnished, remove the cushions and vacuum out anything that may have fallen.
• All trash/ trash bags must be disposed of in the proper receptacle. Any trash left in the apartment or in the hallway is subject to a fine.
What To Donate
• Non-perishable food
• School/office/art supplies
• Pillows/mattress toppers
• Sporting equipment
• Working/non-working electronics and small appliances
What Not To Donate
• Cleaning products
• Used toiletries
• Food - open, expired, or perishable
• Anything badly stained, soiled, worn, torn, broken or missing parts
• Remove all of your belongings to prevent charges
• Turn in your keys, key fob, pool band and parking sticker to the front leasing office. Failure to return all keys and items will result in a charge.
• Provide a forwarding address